The KNCSB Sunday School Director(s) have made a commitment to assist associations in providing quality training for church leaders in the areas of Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and open small group Bible studies.
Vacation Bible School
An annual VBS training event for associational VBS team members is held in Salina each February, usually on the third Saturday. For the first time in 2000, this training was also open to any church leaders who might be interested.
The KNCSB Bible Study-Discipleship Team has moved to customizing training to fit the specific needs of the Kansas and Nebraska associations by working through the Directors of Missions and associational Sunday School directors. Possible areas of training include:
- Sunday School Basics and Administration
- Outreach and Evangelism through the Sunday School
- Reaching People through “Open Group” Bible Studies
- Using and Adapting Age-Group Sunday School Curriculum
- Teaching for Spiritual Transformation
- The Impact of Generational Differences on Church Life
- Age-Group Characteristics
- Teaching Methods and Learning Styles
Sunday School Team
A state Sunday School team of specialists in each age-group is enlisted annually. They receive special training each year in their area of expertise. They lead state training events and are available on a limited schedule for teaching in associations.
The state Sunday School Director(s) as well as the age-group specialists are available for telephone consultations in any area of Sunday School work. The state director(s) have an “800” number to make help more accessible.
Other Educational Areas
The KNCSB Sunday School Director(s) are the contact person(s) for these additional areas of Christian Education:
- Ministers of Education
- Preschool/Children’s Ministers
- Weekday Early Education (Preschools, Mother’s Day Out, etc.)
- Special Education