PowerUp for VBS 2018
KNCSB PowerUp VBS is Saturday, April 7, 2018 at Webster Conference Center, Salina, KS.
There is also a PowerUp VBS at LifeSpring Church, Bellevue, NE, April 28 - 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Registration for Salina event begins at 9:00 AM; conferences are 9:30 am - 3:00 pm. The cost is $15.00 per person which includes conference fee, handouts, and lunch. Click on brochure to give you information on the PowerUp in Salina, KS and also Bellevue, NE. For the PowerUp registration form in Kansas click here. For the PowerUp registration form in Nebraska click here.
For the Salina event there will be core conferences and several breakout workshops in the afternoon. LifeWay bookstore will be available at both venues to purchase Game On materials with a discount and money back to each church’s association. The bookstore in Salina will be in the foyer of the multi-purpose building during the conference for your convenience.
Begin now enlisting your church team and come prepared to learn about Game On - Gearing Up for Life’s Big Game! The scripture for VBS 2018 is 2 Peter 1:3 - “His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness”.
Heart of the Child Conference
Friday, April 13, 2018 - Saturday, April 14, 2018
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
First Baptist Church, Broken Arrow, OK
The Heart of the Child Convention (HOC) is a two-day event with approximately 1000 attendees representing over six states. The HOC is an intensive time of training, fellowship, and fun for preschool and children’s ministers, workers, volunteers and Church Weekday Education teachers and directors.
The cost is $49.00 by March 5; $59.00 by April 5; or $75.00 after April 5 or at the door. One Sr. Pastor from each church is allowed to attend for FREE as long as they register no later than April 5, 2018.
For additional information and registration go to this website: heartofthechild.net
Preschoolers and Children Guidelines
Attached are a couple of articles with guidelines for grouping preschoolers and children. One of the articles is: Essentials for Excellence and the other is How to Organize Preschoolers and Children in Sunday School. There is a book from LifeWay for $2.95 called “Essentials for Excellence: Connecting Preschool Sunday School to Life” which is a great resource.
SUNDAY SCHOOL RESOURCES
- Adult Sunday School: Assessing Adults - With Discussion Guide; Organizing Class - Count Me In Survey
- General -Evangelism: Assessing Preschool-Children-Youth-Adult on Sunday Morning; Sunday School - The 5-Step Formula; Teacher's Love Chapter; Teacher Survival Kit
- Outreach-Evangelism: A Touch of Class; Hints for Enrolling A New Member; Idea-A-Month for Care Leaders; Ideas for Contacts; Ideas for Outreach Themes; Olympic Outreach Theme; Salvation & Assimilation Rates; Visitation Statistics
- Preschool & Children's: Tips for Guiding Behavior; Tips for an Effective Preschool Teaching Space; Tips for Teaching Children More Effectively; Tips for Teaching Preschoolers More Effectively
- Sunday School Job Descriptions: Sunday School Job Descriptions - Class; Sunday School Job Descriptions - Department
The KNCSB Sunday School Director(s) have made a commitment to assist associations in providing quality training for church leaders in the areas of Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and open small group Bible studies.