The main emphasis of this department’s work is to assist local churches and associations in discovering and ministering to the specific needs of youth, youth workers, and parents in the major realms of discipleship-evangelism and total youth ministry. The latest in KNCSB youth news is available at www.justforyouth.com.
Youth Evangelism Staff (Y.E.S.)
A volunteer team that assists in planning, conducting, and evaluating KNCSB Super Summer.
The purposes of Super Summer are:
- To reach lost and unchurched youth and bring them into a camp environment to enable them to receive Jesus as Savior and Lord. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- To reach Christian youth who already know Jesus as Savior and Lord and challenge them to total surrender and growth. (I Timothy 6:12)
- To reach Christian youth to go home and live out their surrendered lives to Jesus on a daily basis. (I Corinthians 9:24-27)
This retreat is designed for students in grades 7-12 whose parents are in paid ministry positions. The retreat takes place in the Spring of each year.
For more information, contact the KNCSB office at 1-800-984-9092.
The Connect Strategy
Connect with God
- We can’t share something we don’t have. Before we can help connect another person to God, we must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ ourselves.
Connect with Non-Christian Friends
- In order to help connect someone with God, we’ve got to be willing to build relationships. Relationships form when we invest our time in other people’s lives. When we discover someone who needs to connect with God, we need to look for common bonds and then be willing to move out of our comfort zone to reach people who may be different than we are. Sometimes, relationships grow over a period of months or years, but often we can develop enough of a bond to share the Gospel in a matter of minutes. If people see that we genuinely care for them, they will usually listen to what we have to say about Jesus.
Connect Those Friends to God
- Explain to your friends how they can connect with God by means of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Tell those friends your story – how you became a Christian. Then, tell your friends “His Story” – what Jesus did on the cross for them. Use John 3:16 to share the simple points of the Gospel message.
Connect Your Friends to Church
- Connecting your friends with Christ isn’t the end of your ministry. In many ways, it’s just the beginning. When we lead individuals to Christ, we are responsible for making sure that they get plugged into a body of believers where they can grow, fellowship, worship, and learn to share their story.
Jesus-Focused Youth Ministry
This strategy is scripture-based and builds on six core principles to equip and evangelize.
- Pray with Passion Matthew 9:38
- Go Deeper with Christ Mark 1:7-8
- Build Leaders Mark 1:16-20
- Disciple Students Mark 3:13-15
- Penetrate the Culture Mark 1:40-42
- Create Outreach Opportunities Mark 4:1-2
Service Opportunities for College Students
The Youth Ministry Department offers opportunities to utilize college students in a ministry setting.
- Super Summer is an 8 week term of service taking place from late June to early August. If you are interested in applying for a position contact the Youth Ministry Office between October 1 and December 1 for a term of service for the following summer.