Campers on Mission urged to share Christ
Be ready to share the gospel at a moment’s notice.
That was the reminder given to Kansas-Nebraska Campers on Mission during their spring rally. The rally was held May 3-5 at Webster Conference Center, Salina, Kan. A work week at WCC followed the rally.
Some of the COM members have found themselves being pushed out of their comfort zone to share the gospel.
Gary Shaw conducted the memorial service for his brother-in-law. He and his wife, Sondra, spend their winters at an RV park in Yuma, Ariz. The wife of a fellow camper died and Gary ended up leading her memorial service.
“People see you every day and they see how you live your life,” Shaw said. “They"ll lean on you in time of sorrow. So be ready [to share the gospel] in season and out.
Members of Kansas-Nebraska Campers on Mission are involved in a wide range of ministries. But “the goal of all this is to lead people to Lord,” said Larry Smith, COM president.
Here is a list of upcoming COM events:
- May 19-24—Work project at Weir Baptist Camp, 12 miles southwest of Pittsburg, Kan.
- June 19-21—Campers on Mission National Rally, Mineola Civic Center, Mineola, Texas
- July 21-26—Work project at Americus Southern Baptist Church, Americus, Kan.
- Aug. 11-16—Work project at Alpha Christian Children’s Home, Perry, Kan.
- Sept. 27-29—Fall rally at Weir Baptist Camp followed by a work week at the camp.
- Oct. 6-11—- Work project at New Life Baptist Church, Independence, Kan.