Chuck Lawless to speak at KNCSB event
Chuck Lawless will be the featured speaker for the KNCSB Normative Church Leadership Conference April 22-23 at Webster Conference Center, Salina, Kan.
Lawless is vice president of graduate studies and ministry centers at Southeastern Seminary where he also serves as professor of evangelism and missions. Lawless also is global theological education consultant for the International Mission Board. Visit his Web site
Activities will begin with registration at 6 p.m. Friday, April 22, followed by the first session at 7 p.m.
The retreat theme is “Developing Spiritual Leaders.” Worship session topics will be:
- “Who then is This?” (Mark 4-5)
- “Guarding the Heart for Effective Ministry” (Ephesians 6:10-20)
- “Living between the Mountaintop and the Valley” (Mark 9)
Breakout sessions will be:
- “Leading Your Church through Change”
- “How Your Church Can Love Your Community”
- “Guarding Family Health in the Pressures of the Church”
- “Involving Your Church in Disaster Relief”
- “How to Study Smart for Sermon Preparation”
- “Church Safety”
The conference also will include a special appearance by Gracia Burnham in the final session at 2:15 p.m. Saturday, April 23.
Burham and her husband, Martin, served with New Tribes Mission in the Philippines. In May 2001 they were kidnapped by a militant group and were held captive for more than a year.
Martin was killed in a firefight in June 2002. Gracia was wounded but was freed. She lives in the Wichita area.