Men share Christian fellowship at golf tourney
The annual KNCSB Baptist Men’s Golf Tournament was held on Saturday, Sept. 26, at Lake Shawnee Golf Course, Topeka, Kan.
Eighty-five players from 13 churches participated. This was a 5-percent increase over the previous year’s participation. The tourney started at 9 a.m. and concluded mid-afternoon following a luncheon, fellowship and awards time.
Prizes were awarded for the top three foursome finalists in two flights and also for: the longest drive; longest putt; and for the ball closest to the pin.
Drawings were also held for assorted door prizes and gift certificates were presented. The weather was ideal and the course was in excellent condition. Players donated $375 to KNCSB boys’ and men’s ministry while enjoying the tourney fellowship.
The tournament winners and prize recipients were:
- 1st Place Team: Lenexa Baptist Church, Lenexa, Kan.
- 2nd Place Team: Trinity Baptist Church, Pittsburg, Kan.
- 3rd Place Team: Ogden Baptist Church, Ogden, Kan.
- 1st Place Team: First Southern Baptist Church, Salina, Kan.
- 2nd Place Team: Lenexa Baptist Church, Lenexa, Kan.
- 3rd Place Team: Vista Baptist Church, Olathe, Kan.
- Longest drive: Ron Gillette, Lenexa Baptist Church, Lenexa, Kan.
- Longest putt: Clark Johnson, First Southern Baptist Church, Topeka, Kan.
- Closest to Pin: Gerald Appelhans, First Southern Baptist Church, Topeka, Kan.
KNCSB promotes sports evangelism as a way to reach others for Christ and enhance Christian fellowship among believers. The 2010 golf tourney will be held on Sept. 25.