Weir Camp gears up for summer camping season
Improvements are now underway at Weir Baptist Camp, 12 miles southwest of Pittsburg, Kan.
The entry road is being widened from Kansas Highway 103 to the Administration Building.
Other improvements planned before the summer camping season begins are:
- A new metal roof on the Tabernacle
- New signs throughout the camp
- Kitchen remodeling
- Foot lockers, hanging storage space, mirrors and clocks in the new cabins
The 2016 summer camp dates are:
June 6-10—Senior High Camp
June 13-17—Junior High Camp (grades 6-8)
June 20-24—Children’s Camp (grades 3-5)
June 27-28—Kingdom Kids Camp (grades 1-2)
June 29—Day Camp (ages 4-5 or have completed kindergarten)
Efforts are now underway to raise money for other improvements needed at the camp. These include:
- $6,000—Dining Hall electrical updates
- $2,000—Fill dirt work
- $1,000—Metal roof on North Pavilion
- $500—One new paddle boat
- $200—Two new soccer goals
Please send contributions to Baptist Area Office, P.O. Box 604, Altamont, KS 67330. Make a note in the memo line about the project you want to support.
This information came from the Southeast Kansas Baptist Association newsletter.